Six Flags Over Texas is located in Arlington, Texas, just east of Fort Worth and about 15 miles west of Dallas. It’s actually the oldest Six Flags amusement park, opening in 1961. Since then the theme park has continued grow and now boasts over 50 rides. There’s a little bit of everything from kids rides to family rides to thrill rides. Today some of the top rides include Batman: The Ride, Texas Giant, Six Flags Railroad, and the Superman Tower of Power. There’s also plenty of live entertainment throughout the park including the Starburst Summer Concert Series. Be sure to check the calendar to see who’s playing. And don’t forget, there’s the Hurricane Harbor water park right next door! Before you visit this Arlington attraction here are some tips that can save you a little extra money on your admission costs. Below that are the latest known coupons for Six Flags Over Texas.
Discounts & Six Flags Over Texas Coupons
- Purchase your tickets online and everyone pays kids prices at Six Flags Over Texas. That’s a savings of $17 per ticket.
- Check with either the Arlington Convention & Visitors Bureau or the Dallas/Fort Worth Area Tourism Council (DFWATC). They often offer coupons for Six Flags Over Texas that you can print right from their website.
- Check eBay. You can often find people selling their unused tickets or coupons for Six Flags Over Texas. Just make sure that you are purchasing from a reputable seller.
- If you are in the military, purchase your Six Flags Over Texas tickets through your local base. Also, check the calendar for military appreciation days throughout the year. Those serving in the military get in free on those days.
- If you are a AAA member, show your membership ID and get $5 off admission plus and additional 10% off purchases of $15 or more inside the Six Flags Over Texas park.
- If you are a member of a credit union in Texas, check to see if they offer any discounts for Six Flags Over Texas tickets. Some offer as much as $26 off admission. The Greater Texas Federal Credit Union, City Credit Union, Shreveport Federal Credit Union, and Texas Partners Federal Credit Union all offer discounts if you purchase through them.
- Pay for your tickets using your Discover card and save 5% on all tickets for Six Flags Over Texas.
- Get the season pass for Six Flags Over Texas and you’ll also receive a coupon book with over $300 worth of discounts.
- Look for promo codes on specially marked packages from their corporate partners (i.e. Coca-Cola). You can enter these promo codes online for discounted tickets. Additionally, Six Flags Over Texas usually runs their Coca-Cola promotion where if you bring in any Coca-Cola product, you’ll get the everyone pay’s kids price for tickets promotion. Just check ahead of time to see if they are still running the promotion.
- If you are a student or faculty member of UT Dallas, purchase your Six Flags Over Texas tickets through the Comet Center for an additional discount.
Arlington Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in Arlington and the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Many of them offer free tickets or coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Wingate, La Quinta, Marriott, Days Inn, and Holiday Inn Express are just some of the hotels offering vacation packages. If you can, try and book your Six Flags vacation package during the week. Rates are typically lower for the room and you still get the same discounts (or free admission) to Six Flags Over Texas. Also, check the rates for vacation packages through Southwest. (if you are flying) Dallas is a major hub of Southwest and flights are super cheap. They also regularly offer some great deals on vacation packages through their Southwest Vacations site.
The Six Flags theme park is open from 10:30 am to 10 pm through the peak season. Of course during special events such as the Halloween Fright Fest the park is open much later. Order online though and adults pay kids price. Discounts are also available for groups of 10 or more people. Parking is an additional cost per vehicle but you can get an annual parking pass, which is definitely worth it if you are getting season tickets.