The Schlitterbahn water park in Kansas City, Kansas was the first park built outside of the state of Texas. It’s a 370 acre water park that is located near Village West, just a few blocks away from the Kansas Speedway. The Schlitterbahn water park first opened during the summer of 2009. Attractions include plenty of water rides, tubes, surf rides, wave pools, rivers, and plenty of children’s play areas. Plus, tubes and life jackets are free to rent at Schlitterbahn. Spend the whole day at the water park. Picnics are welcomed! Before you visit the water park though, take a moment to review the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off your total cost of admission. And in addition to that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for Schlitterbahn in Kansas City listed below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Schlitterbahn Coupons
- Purchase your general admission all day passes to Schlitterbahn Kansas City online and you can save up to $4 per ticket. You do still have to pay sales tax.
- Be sure to sign up for special offers and watch the calendar for discount days at Schlitterbahn.
- Check with the Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association. They often offer their own coupons for Schlitterbahn. At last check you could save $2 off per person with their coupon. You can also check the Kansas City Kansas Chamber of Commerce as they also offer their own coupons as well.
- If you are in the military, check the calendar for military appreciation days. Here you can end up saving over 50% on admission for you and your family to Schlitterbahn water park. On other days you can show your military ID and save $3 per adult and $1.50 per child / senior ticket.
- If you are a member of AAA, check with your local AAA office in Kansas. You can usually purchase discounted Schlitterbahn tickets through them. Typical savings is about 10%.
- If you were a season pass holder last year, renew your Schlitterbahn pass early for this year and you can save as much as 30% on your renewal fees.
- Look for promo codes. This is what Schlitterbahn refers to as online coupons. On the checkout page you will see an option to enter a promo code. These are given out from participating corporate partners.
- If you are a member of a Farm Bureau or Credit Union in the state of Kansas, check to see if they offer any discounted tickets to Schlitterbahn. The Kansas Farm Bureau, Johnson County Farm Bureau, and Kansas Blue Cross Blue Shield Credit Union are known to offer such discounts.
- If you are a student or faculty member of Missouri State University, ask about the available discount. You will be given a promo code to enter for your special discount.
- Check the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. In the past they have offered deals with savings of 50% or more.
Kansas City Vacation Packages
Check with some of the local hotels in the Kansas City area. Some of the offer either Schlitterbahn coupons for discounted admission or even free tickets to Schlitterbahn with your stay. The Drury Inn is one example that offers Schlitterbahn vacation packages.
The water park is typically open from late May through early September. Admission to Schlitterbahn includes free parking, free tubes, and free life jackets. Plus picnics are welcomed inside the waterpark. Kids 2 years old and under get into the water park for free. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people.