North Carolina Zoo
The North Carolina Zoo is located in the Uwharrie Mountains in Asheboro, North Carolina. If you are not familiar with the area, it’s west of Raleigh. The zoo first opened in 1976, featuring the world’s largest walk through natural habitat zoo. There are currently over 1,000 animals making up more than 250 species and over 40,000 plants living at the North Carolina Zoo including the largest collection of chimpanzees in the United States as well as the largest collection of Alaskan seabirds in the nation. In all, there’s well over 1,300 acres to explore at the North Carolina Zoo. If you are planning a visit, here are a few tips to help you find North Carolina Zoo coupons as well as how you can save a little extra money on your admission costs to the zoo.
Discounts & North Carolina Zoo Coupons
- Get the Combo Package. This includes a single-day general admission ticket as well as three fun tickets, which may be redeemed for the Carousel or the Adventure 4-D Theater or the Giraffe Deck. You end up saving $3 versus paying for each separately.
- If you are a AAA member, check with your local AAA office to see the current discounts offered to the North Carolina Zoo. At last check you can save $1 on your admission when you show your AAA membership card.
- If you are a member of the State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC) just show your membership ID to receive an additional discount to the North Carolina Zoo. You can check with the ticket office ahead of time to see what the current discount is for SEANC members.
- If you are in the military, just show your military ID to receive an additional discount on your tickets to the North Carolina Zoo. At last check you can save $2 per person for up to 6 people with a valid military ID.
- Get the Greensboro Entertainment Book. For a small price you get over $12,000 worth of coupons and discounts to area attractions, dining, shopping, and more. At last check there were North Carolina Zoo coupons inside good for $10 off a family membership.
- If you are a member of another AZA zoo or aquarium, show your membership ID and get 50% off your admission to the North Carolina Zoo.
The zoo is open every day of the year except for Christmas Day. Hours of operation are 9 am to 4 pm during the winter and is open until 5 pm during the rest of the year. Admission to the North Carolina Zoo is $12 per adult, $10 for seniors, and $8 for children ages 2-12. Kids under 2 years old get into the zoo for free. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. Currently you save $1 per person for 15 or more people and $2 per person for 50 or more people.
4401 Zoo Parkway
Asheboro, NC 27205-1425