Museum of Discovery and Science
The Museum of Discovery and Science is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is one of the largest museums of its kind in the state of Florida. It was first founded in 1976, though back then it was known as The Discovery Center. It wasn’t until 1992 though that the museum moved to its new location and became known as the Museum of Discovery and Science. The museum features its own AutoNation IMAX theater, “ecoscapes”, a simulated ride to Mars, a MaxFlight airplane simulator, and many more hands on exhibits to learn and explore. There’s also quite a collection of animals native to the state of Florida to touch and interact with as well. Before you plan your visit though, here are a few tips to help you save money as well as where to find some Museum of Discovery and Science coupons to get discounted admission.
Discounts & Museum of Discovery and Science Coupons
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon where you can often save as much as 50% off the cost of your admission.
- Get the General Admission ticket. This includes admission as well as a ticket to the IMAX movie. You end up save $3 per person rather than purchasing separately. Note, coupons are not valid for special engagement feature films at the IMAX, though you can still save the $3 with the combo ticket to the Museum of Discovery and Science.
- Check with the museum ticket office about a parking coupon. They usually offer a coupon gives you parking at a discounted rate of $3 per vehicle. These coupons are typically only valid during the weekday though.
- If you are a teacher or an educator in the state of Florida, fill out their membership form and get a free annual membership to the Museum of Discovery and Science. This gives you unlimited admissions. Just show your teacher’s ID.
- Check out the Museum of Discovery and Science Facebook page. Not only do they offer coupons for admission from time to time but they also offer a lot of discounts for items in their store.
- Get the Summer Savings Pass. This gets you admission to the top 4 attractions in the area for one price. This includes the Lion Country Safari, Miami Seaquarium, Museum of Discovery and Science and Zoo Miami.
- If you are a AAA member, show your AAA membership card for an additional discount on your admission to the Museum of Discovery and Science. At last check you save $1.50 on admission and $1 off an IMAX film.
The museum is open 365 days a year including Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hours of operation are 10 am to 5 pm Monday through Saturday and 12 pm to 6 pm on Sunday. Children under 2 years old get free admission to the museum. IMAX theater tickets are additional. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people and require advanced notice. Pay extra early and you can save $2 per person with the group discount rate. Parking is an additional cost per vehicle. It is, however, cheaper to park during the week than it is on a weekend.