The Denver Zoo is located in City Park of Denver, Colorado. It was founded in 1896 with the donation of an orphaned American black bear. To house the black bear the zoo constructed Bear Mountain, the first naturalistic zoo enclosure. Since then the Denver Zoo has expanded to include apes, Red River hogs, African wild dogs, snow leopards, elephants, Mandarin ducks, California sea lions, and more. When you are visiting, be sure to check out the Denver Zoo Wildlife Show. Before you purchase your tickets though, here are some tips for saving a little extra money on your total admission costs. You will also find below that the latest known coupons for the Denver Zoo.
Discounts & Denver Zoo Coupons
- Check the calendar for free admission days at the Denver Zoo. These occur throughout the year.
- Visit the Denver Zoo between November and the end of February and $3 per adult and $2 per child or senior.
- Stop by the Wendy’s near the Denver Zoo. They often have coupons and at last check they had $4 off coupons.
- Travel to the Denver Zoo by public transportation and show your ticket stub at the gate for an additional $2 off your admission.
- Visit the Denver Zoo on your birthday and you’ll get free admission.
- Check out the daily deal sites like Juice in the City where you can get deeply discounted tickets to the Denver Zoo with multiple ticket purchases.
Denver Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in the Denver area. Many of them offer either free tickets or Denver Zoo coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Best Western, Doubletree, and Renaissance Hotel are just some of the hotels that are known to offer Denver Zoo packages. You can also check with the Denver Convention & Visitors Bureau as they offer their own Denver Zoo vacation packages.
The zoo is open from 9 am to 5 pm during the summer and 10 am to 4 pm during the rest of the year. Admission to the Denver Zoo is $15 for adults, $10 for kids ages 3-11, and $12 for seniors. Kids 2 years old and under get in for free. Group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more people. You can save up to $3 per ticket with group discounts.
2300 Steele Street
Denver, CO 80205-4899