There’s really a lot to see and do at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. It’s recognized by many publications as the best zoo in the United States. The zoo is located in Powell, Ohio, which is just north of Columbus. It’s home to over 5,000 animals representing over 700 species from all over the world. You see bald eagles, polar bears, black rhinos, king cobras, gila monsters, gorillas, koalas, and more. If you are staying for the whole day, come a little later so you can see the live music and entertainment that happens throughout the summer nights. This is additional but well worth the money. Before you visit though, you may want to go over the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of admission. In addition to that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium listed below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Columbus Zoo and Aquarium Coupons
- Get the Entertainment Book which has over $29,000 in coupons and discounts for many of the attractions, dining, shopping, and accommodations in Columbus. At last check there was a coupon in there for $1 off admission to the Columbus Zoo.
- If you live in or near Columbus, show your ID and receive 50% off your admission to the zoo.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and get $2 off admission.
- If you are a AAA member, purchase your tickets through the AAA Ohio office and save $3 per adult and $2 per child at the Columbus Zoo.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon where you can save as much as 50% off admission to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
- If you are a COSI member (Center Of Science and Industry), show your membership ID at the gate and receive a free child admission with the purchase of an adult ticket at the Columbus Zoo.
- Stop by any Kroger in Ohio and you can purchase discounted tickets to Zoombezi Bay and The Columbus Zoo. At last check this was a $4 discount per ticket.
- If you are a member of a credit union in Ohio, check to see if your credit union offers discounts to the Columbus Zoo. The Marion Community Credit Union, Columbus Metro Federal Credit Union, and CES Credit Union are all known to offer discounts to the Columbus Zoo if you purchase your tickets through them.
- Visit the zoo in January or February and receive 50% off admission.
Columbus Vacation Packages
Check the local hotels for Columbus Zoo packages. These include either free admission or Columbus Zoo coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Drury Inn & Suites, Rodeway Inn, Marriott, Holiday Inn, Chase Suite Hotel, Hampton Inn, Cambria Suites, and Embassy Suites are just some of the hotels offering Columbus Zoo packages.
The Columbus Zoo is typically open 10am – 5pm during normal times and 9am – 7pm during the summer. There are a few changes throughout the year. Group discounts are also available for groups of 15 or more. The Zoombezi Bay waterpark (owned by the zoo) is not included with admission. See site for details.