According to many travel guides, Cedar Point takes top honors as the best amusement park in America. The amusement park even makes the claim that it is the roller coaster capital of the world. If you’ve ever been then you can see why it’s hard to argue against that claim. Cedar Point is currently the only amusement park with 4 roller coaster that are each over 200 feet tall. There’s also more than 75 rides which is more than any other amusement park. There’s more though. The amusement park is really more like a resort with a mile long beach, an outdoor and an indoor water park, hotels, 2 marinas, and Challenge Park, which has go-karts, miniature golf, the Ripcord and the Skyscraper rides. Cedar Point is really an all in one vacation destination in Sandusky, Ohio. Before you purchase your tickets though, you may want to take a moment to go over the tips listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off your total cost of admission. And in addition to that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for Cedar Point theme park listed below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Cedar Point Coupons
- Purchase your Cedar Point tickets online and you can save up to $10 on your admission for single day tickets versus the gate ticket price.
- Visit the Cedar Point theme park after 4 pm and you can save $23 on your admission with the Twilight discount rate.
- If you are a AAA member, purchase your tickets through AAA Ohio at a discounted rate. At last check this was a $21 discount though it may be subject to change.
- Purchase Cedar Point tickets from a Meijer store in Ohio and get an additional discount. At last check you save $10 per ticket purchasing here. You will need to contact your local Meijer store to find out what the current discount rate is.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and get $21 off admission. This discount is for general admission tickets.
- Purchase the Cedar Point Platinum season pass and you not only get free admission & parking for a year, but you also get admission to Soak City any other Cedar Fair owned theme park. This is a super deal for theme park enthusiasts.
- Stay at Cedar Point Resorts and get $20 off admission to the Cedar Point theme park.
- If you are a member of a credit union in the state of Ohio (and some in Michigan), check to see if they offer discounts to Cedar Point. The Fremont Federal Credit Union, OUR Credit Union, Parkway Federal Credit Union, Catholic Federal Credit Union, Lake Trust Credit Union, and the Michigan State Federal Credit Union all offer discounts to Cedar Point.
Sandusky Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in and near Sandusky. Many of them offer free admission or Cedar Point coupons for discount admission with your stay. The South Beach Resort, All American Inn, and Best Western are just some of the hotels that offer Cedar Point vacation packages. Aside from the hotels, there are other ways to save on a Sandusky vacation. Stop by the Lake Erie Shores & Islands Welcome Centers for valuable coupons to area attractions. You can also print out coupons for Sandusky attractions, lodging, shopping dining and more from the Erie County Visitors & Convention Bureau. Fill out a short little form online and you can print out the Shore Savings Card.
Cedar Point is open most days from 10 am – 10 pm throughout the summer. The Soak City water park and Challenge Park are open at different times and close at 8 pm and 10 pm respectively. Admission to Soak City is separate. Also, Cedar Point parking is additional. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more.