The Birmingham Zoo is located in Lane Park, adjacent to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. It began as a small menagerie of animals, but with the support of the Alabama Zoological Society, the zoo grew to be home to over 800 animals representing over 200 species. Two things the zoo is most known for are Babec, the Western Lowland Gorilla and the African Lion Cubs. Besides the animal attractions there’s also events that go on throughout the year that include live music, races, zoo nights, camps, classes, the butterfly garden, train rides, camel rides, a carousel, and much much more. Before you visit though, be sure to check out the money saving tips below. They should help you save a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to that you should also find the latest known coupons for the Birmingham Zoo listed below as well.
Discounts & Birmingham Zoo Coupons
- Visit the Birmingham Zoo on Tuesdays and enjoy 50% off your total admission costs.
- If you plan on doing multiple activities while at the Birmingham Zoo, get the unlimited wristband. If you are spending the whole day at the zoo you will get more than your moneys worth.
- If you are a member of another AZA zoo or aquarium, show your membership card and receive 50% off your admission to the Birmingham Zoo.
- Get an annual membership to the zoo and you will receive a coupon book that is worth over $100 in activities at the zoo.
- If you are in the military check the calendar for free admission days for you and your family.
Birmingham Vacation Packages
If you are visiting Birmingham, Alabama, check with the local hotels in the area. Many of them offer zoo packages which include discounted room rate as well as tickets to the Birmingham Zoo. The Marriott is one example that offers these packages.