Just 15 minutes north of Baton Rouge sits the Baton Rouge Zoo. Since 1960 the zoo has grown to become the #1 attraction in Baton Rouge. Today the zoo is home to more than 1,800 animals representing 6 continents. It truly is a zoo with animals from all over the world and is perfect for kids. Be sure to check out the Safari Playground located next to the KidsZoo and the Cypress Bayou Railroad. It’s operated by the Recreation and Parks Commission so admission is relatively low. Of course you can save a little more too. Just check out the tips which have been outlined below. They should help you to save a little extra. And in addition to these money saving tips you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Baton Rouge Zoo listed below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Baton Rouge Zoo Coupons
- If you are a senior be sure to mention this when purchasing your tickets. You will save an additional $1 off your admission to the Baton Rouge Zoo.
- Visit the Baton Rouge Zoo between 3-5 pm and get admission for just $1.25 per person.
- Become a member of the Baton Rouge Zoo. A household membership actually pays for itself in just over 2 visits.
- Be sure to follow the Baton Rouge Zoo on Facebook. They will keep you up to date on the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons.
- If you are a member of another AZA zoo or aquarium, just show your membership card and you will receive 50% off your admission to the Baton Rouge Zoo.
The zoo is open daily from 9:30 am to 4 pm most days and during the spring and summer months until 6 pm. The only days the zoo is closed is the New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. Train rides and tram rides are additional.