Zoo Atlanta was founded in 1889. It’s home to over 1,300 animals representing more than 220 species including the nation’s largest collections of gorillas and orangutans. Zoo Atlanta is also 1 of only 4 zoos in America that have a Giant Panda exhibit. Other interesting residents of the zoo include meerkats, black mambas, king cobras, kookaburras, otters, and more. There’s also a Children’s Petting Zoo inside. Programs and camps also run throughout the year. Before you get your tickets though, take a moment to read over the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission. On top of that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for Zoo Atlanta listed below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Zoo Atlanta Coupons
- Get the Atlanta CityPass. You can save 51% on your admissions to the top 5 attractions in Atlanta including Zoo Atlanta with this city pass. The passes are good for 9 days after the date of activation.
- If you are a student, show your student ID and get $4 off general admission to Zoo Atlanta.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and get $4 off your Zoo Atlanta tickets.
- Check out the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. In the past they have offered savings of up to 50% off your admission to the zoo.
- Visiting the Georgia Aquarium too? Purchase the Zoo Atlanta and Georgia Aquarium tickets together and save over 10% on your total admission cost.
- If you are a resident of Atlanta metro, go to the Georgia Public Library and ask about the Zoo Atlanta Family Pass. You’ll get 4 free tickets to Zoo Atlanta.
- Check the Atlanta Journal (or Atlanta Journal Blog). There are often coupons in there for Zoo Atlanta.
- Stop by a McDonalds in Atlanta and purchase a kids meal. They often run a promotion with a coupon for Zoo Atlanta inside.
- Pick up a copy of Atlanta Parents Magazine. There is almost always a coupon in there for Zoo Atlanta.
- Get the Atlanta Entertainment Book. It has over $17,000 worth of coupons and discounts for area attractions and at last check there are Zoo Atlanta coupons in there good for $3 off each ticket for up to 4 people.
- Check eBay. You can often find sellers selling their unused coupons to Zoo Atlanta. Just make sure that you are purchasing from a reputable seller.
- Check the calendar for free admission days like on Father’s Day or Mother’s Day. Usually valid with the purchase of a full price adult or child’s ticket.
- If you are a Bank of America customer, show your Bank of America card at the gate on the first full weekend of each month and receive free admission to Zoo Atlanta.
Atlanta Vacation Packages
Check out the hotels in Atlanta. Many of them offer free tickets or Zoo Atlanta coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Wingate, Ritz-Carlton, Marriott, Regency, and Comfort Suites are just some of the hotels that offer Zoo Atlanta vacation packages. You can also find some great deals on Zoo Atlanta vacation packages through the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau.
The Atlanta Zoo is open 363 days a year from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday and is open an extra hour on Saturdays and Sundays. The only days the zoo is not open is on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Kids 2 and under get in free. Parking is also free at the zoo. Discounted rates are also available for groups of 15 or more.