Top of the Rock
The Observation Deck at Rockefeller Plaza was officially re-opened in 2005, after having been closed since 1986. Upon re-opening, it was dubbed “Top of the Rock”. Some argue that it offers the best view from atop the city because you can also see the Empire State Building as well as taken in the views of Central Park and the rest of Mid-Manhattan from the 70th floor of the GE building. To truly take in New York City, you need to take it in from atop. Before you visit New York City though, here are a few tips to help you save a little extra money on your tickets to the Top of the Rock. In addition, you can find the latest coupons for the Top of the Rock below as well.
Discounts & Top of the Rock Coupons
- Get the New York Explorer Pass. With this you can save up to 45% on admission to over 47 attractions in the New York City area including the Top of the Rock. Choose from 3,5,7 or 10 day passes.
- Get the New York City CityPass. You will save 46% on the top 6 must see attractions in New York City including the Top of the Rock. The pass is good for 9 days from the date of activation.
- You may also want to check out the New York Pass. This pass gets you admission to over 70 attractions in the New York area including the Top of the Rock. You’ll save $300 on the top ten attractions alone!
- Get the Rock Pass. This gives you admission to the Top of the Rock and the NBC Studio Tour for a discounted price of $38 per person.
- Get the Rock MOMA combo ticket. With this you get admission to the Top of the Rock and Museum of Modern Art for a discounted ticket price of just $38 per person.
- Get the Sky Skate combo ticket. This gets you admission to The Rockefeller Center Skating Rink and Top of the Rock Observation Deck for just $35.
- Join the Loyalty Program. A single membership costs $100 a year and you get unlimited access to the Top of the Rock including other benefits such as 20% off at the Top of the Rock Shop, 50% off tickets for your guests, free admission to the Rockefeller Center Tour, and more.
- For more choices on New York City tour packages, which include Top of the Rock, check out sites like City Experts or Trusted Tours.
- Check out the New York City tour companies like the CitySights NY, which offer their hop on hop off bus tour plus discounted tickets to the Top of the Rock. Or you can purchase Top of the Rock tickets directly from CitySights NY and save $3. The best deal is the tour package though.
- If you are a member of AAA, there is a discount offered for AAA members. You will just need to contact your local AAA office to see the most current discount for the Top of the Rock tickets.
New York City Vacation Packages
Check with some of the local hotels in the New York City area. Some of them offer either free tickets or coupons for discount admission to the Top of the Rock Observation Deck with your stay. For example the Hotel Penn offers a $2 off discount card with your stay. Just ask the hotel concierge.
The observation deck is open every day of the year including holidays. Normal hours of operation are from 8 am to midnight. The last elevator goes up at 11 pm. Special tickets like the sunrise and sunset tickets are additional. Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more people. Call ahead of time to make a group reservation.
Anaheim Atlanta Baltimore Boston Branson Buena Park Carlsbad Charlotte Chicago Cincinnati Columbus Corpus Christi Dallas Denver Galveston Hershey Hollywood Houston Indiana Indianapolis Jackson Kansas City Las Vegas Long Beach Los Angeles Miami Minneapolis Myrtle Beach Nashville New York City Orlando Philadelphia Phoenix Pigeon Forge Pittsburgh San Antonio San Diego Sandusky San Francisco San Jose Seattle St Louis Tampa Washington D.C. Wisconsin Dells