The New Children’s Museum is located near the MTS Convention Center Trolley stop, Seaport Village, and Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego, California. The concept and design of the museum is different than most, combining an art museum, children’s museum, and community center all in one. It features galleries, studios, and an education center for the entire family to enjoy. Plus there are daily programs to engage young minds even more. Across the street from the building is a park for running, climbing, picnics and more as well as an organic cafe. One other thing that sets the children’s museum apart from others is its new new environmentally sustainable facility. Before you visit the children’s museum though, be sure to check out the tips below. They should help you to save a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to that you should also find the latest known coupons for the New Children’s Museum listed below as well.
Discounts & The New Children’s Museum Coupons
- Visit the children’s museum on the second Sunday of every month for Target Free Sundays where everyone gets free admission to the NCM.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal or daily coupon sites. The New Children’s Museum does run promotions with these sites from time to time, typically offering a 50% discount on admissions.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and save 50% on your admission.
- Stop by the San Diego County Library or San Diego Public Library and ask about the “Check Out The New Children’s Museum” program. This is a circulating membership card that you can check out and use for a free visit to the New Children’s Museum.
- If you are a student, faculty, staff or alumni of San Diego State University, show your ID and receive 50% off your admission to the New Children’s Museum.
- If you are getting a membership to the NCM, look for promo codes that you can enter online for additional discounts on your annual memberships.
- Check the preferred list of family friendly restaurants from the New Children’s Museum. When you show your membership card or receipt at any of these restaurants you will receive an additional discount on your meal.
- Visit the children’s museum on Monday mornings, Thursday afternoons, and Saturday mornings. It’s less crowded. This is dedicated as Vons Family Fun Time.
- Get the Go San Diego Card. For one price you save 55% on admission to 49 attractions in the San Diego area including the New Children’s Museum.
The children’s museum is open 6 days a week (closed Wednesdays) with the exception of New Years Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Normal hours of operation are from 10 am to 4 pm (12 pm to 4 pm on Sundays). Children under 1 year old get free admission to the children’s museum. Parking is an additional $10 per vehicle though it is recommended that you take public transportation to the children’s museum.