The Skydeck is the observation deck on the Willis Tower in Chicago, Illinois. It sits on the 103rd floor at 1,353 feet above the ground. Since it was furst opened in June of 1974, it’s been one of the most famous and popular tourist attractions in Chicago. Over 1.3 million people check out the views from the Skydeck annually. From the Skydeck observation deck you can see the plains of Illinois and across Lake Michigan to Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin on a clear day. There is also a second Skydeck on the 99th floor, which is used of the one on the 103rd floor is closed. In 2009, the Skydeck was renovated to offer an even more exciting attraction; a retractable glass box that enables visitors to look through the floor to the street 1,353 feet below. If you are visiting Chicago, this is a must “see” attraction. Before you visit though, here are a few tips that should save you a little bit of money on your admission. You will also find the latest coupons for the Skydeck below as well.
Discounts & Skydeck Coupons
- Get the Chicago CityPass. This pass can save you 52% on your admissions the top 5 attractions in Chicago including the Skydeck observation deck. This is good for 9 days from the date of activation. Check out the Chicago CityPass here.
- Get the Go Chicago Card. You can save as much as 55% on your admissions to over 26 attractions in the Chicago area including the Skydeck observation deck. These cards are available as 1,2,3,5, or 7 day cards. Check out the Go Chicago Card here.
- Be sure to check out the special offers on the Skydeck website. You can find seasonal discount offers for visiting the Skydeck here.
- Check out the combo tickets which include tours of the city. You get a discounted rate through the Skydeck office if you purchase the tickets together.
- Check with the City of Chicago’s Official Tourism Site. They sometimes offer free passes to the Skydeck. You just print out the coupon from their website. You’ll find a link below for the most current coupon.
- Check with the local hotels in the Chicago area. Many of them offer packages that include free tickets to the Skydeck observation deck with your stay. The La Quinta Inn, Fairfield Inn, Hampton Majestic, and Best Western are just some of the hotels in the area that offer Skydeck vacation packages.
The Skydeck observation deck is open 365 days a year. Normal hours of operation are 9 am to 10 pm from September to October and 10 am to 8 pm from March to September. There are also extended hours throughout the year. These are announced on their website or Facebook and Twitter pages. Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more people. Tickets must be purchased at least 2 weeks in advance. Call for the latest group discount rates.