The Sixth Floor Museum is located on the sixth floor of the Dallas County Administration Building (formerly the Texas School Book Depository) at Dealey Plaza in Dallas, Texas. It was first opened in 1989. The museum honors the life and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. Exhibits include historic films, photographs, artifacts and details of the events that lead to the assassination, and the investigation that followed. In all, there are some 40,000 items in the museum’s collection. If you are planning a visit, be sure to first check out the money saving tips found below. These will help you save a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to these money saving tips you will also find the latest known coupons for admission to the Sixth Floor Museum.
Discounts & Sixth Floor Museum Coupons
- Get the Ft. Worth Entertainment Book. It offers over $16,000 in coupons for area attractions, dining, shopping, & travel including coupons for discounted admission to the Sixth Floor Museum.
- To see a great collection of attractions for a discounted rate in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area, get the DFW Sampler Attractions Pass. It’s offered by the Dallas/Fort Worth Area Tourism Council (DFWATC) and is good for 180 days from the date of activation.
- Check with the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau. They also offer coupons for the Sixth Floor Museum which you can print out and present at the ticket window. At last check this coupon was good for $2 off admission.
- If you are a member of the military, check the calendar for special days where these serving in the military receive free admission to the Sixth Floor Museum.
- If you are a student at UT Dallas, purchase your tickets through the Comet Center and receive a $3 discount on your admission to the Sixth Floor Museum.
Dallas / Ft. Worth Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in the Dallas and Ft. Worth area. Many of them offer vacation packages that included discounted hotel stay plus admission to area attractions like the Sixth Floor Museum. The Adolphus Hotel, NYLO Hotel, Comfort Suites, Springhill Suites, Hyatt, Hotel Lawrence, Fairmont, Radisson, and Hawthorn Suites are just some of the hotels known to offer Sixth Floor Museum vacation packages.
The museum is open every day except for Thanksgiving and Christmas Days. Normal hours of operation are 12 pm to 6 pm on Monday and 10 am to 6 pm on Tuesday through Sunday. Kids 5 years and younger get free admission to the museum. Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more people.