Six Flags New England is located in Agawam, Massachusetts, which is just outside of Springfield. Originally the theme park opened as Riverside Amusement Park in 1912 and after a series of changes was acquired by Six Flags in 1998, eventually changing its name to Six Flags New England for the 2000 operating season. In all there are 22 different thrill rides as well as many family and kids rides. Besides the rides there is also plenty of live entertainment as well as the Hurricane Harbor water park where you can cool off during the hot summer months. Before you visit the theme park though, be sure to check out the tips below that can save you a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to these money saving tips you should also find the latest known coupons (referred to as promo codes for online ticket purchases) for Six Flags New England.
Discounts & Six Flags New England Coupons
- Get the Springfield Entertainment Book. You get over $13,000 in coupons for local attractions & entertainment including coupons for Six Flags New England. These same coupons are also available in the Worcester Entertainment Book. This book offers over $13,000 in coupons as well.
- Get the Bo Boston Card. This gets you admission to over 58 attractions in the New England area including Six Flags. In total you save about 55% on your admission versus what you would have to pay at the gate.
- Purchase your tickets to Six Flags New England online and you can save $10 on your general admission ticket versus what you would have to pay at the gate.
- If you are a AAA member check with your local AAA office where you can save as much as 40% on tickets if you purchase them through the AAA office. You can also show your AAA membership card at the gate and save $5 off admission. Plus you will also save an additional 10% off purchases of $15 or more inside the park.
- Check with the Dunkin’ Donuts in the Springfield area. They often give out coupons for discounted admission to Six Flags New England to their customers.
- If you are in the military, stop by customer service at Six Flags New England and you can purchase discounted tickets. At last check you can save $19 per person on general admission tickets.
- Pay for your tickets to Six Flags New England using your Discover card and you will instantly get an additional 5% cash back on your tickets.
- If you live in the New England area, call your local parks & recreation office. Quite a few of them offer discounted tickets to Six Flags as well as many other attractions in the New England area. You can save as much as $17 per ticket if you purchase them through the parks & recreation office.
Springfield Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in the Springfield and New England area. Many of them offer discounted tickets to Six Flags with your stay. The City Place Inn & Suites, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden, Holiday Inn, Sheraton, and Marriott are just some of the hotels that are known to offer Six Flags New England vacation packages. One other great place to check for these packages is through the local convention & visitors bureaus in New England.
The Six Flags theme park is typically open from mid April through October. Normal hours of operation are from 10 am to 10 pm though this can change slightly throughout the year especially during events like the Halloween Fright Fest, where the park is open much later. Admission is $49.99 for adults and $39.99 for all kids under 54″ tall. Kids 2 years and under get into the park for free. There is an additional charge of $20 per vehicle for parking. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. You can save as much as $23 per person with the group discount rate. Admission to Hurricane Harbor is included with your general admission ticket.
1623 Main Street