Six Flags America
Six Flags America is located in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, just outside of Mitchellville. If you are not familiar with the area it’s just 15 minutes from Washington, D.C. and Annapolis, Maryland. The theme park originally opened as The Largo Wildlife Preserve in 1973. Over the years the park has been renamed several times from the Wild World in 1982 to Adventure World in 1999 and then finally Six Flags America in 2005. The park offers everything from pulse pounding roller coasters to kiddie rides and attractions like Whistlestop Park. In addition to the rides, there’s also plenty of live entertainment, events, and the Hurricane Harbor water park. If you are planning to visit Six Flags America, be sure to check out the tips below, which can save you a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to that you will also find the latest known coupons (or promo codes for online ticket purchases) for Six Flags America.
Discounts & Six Flags America Coupons
- Purchase your general admission tickets to Six Flags America online and you can save as much as $20 per person.
- Check out daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon where you can sometimes save as much as 50% off the total cost of your theme park tickets.
- Check the calendar for special discount days at Six Flags America for select groups such as the scouts, graduates, performing arts, physics, math and science, ROTC, and more.
- Pay for your ticket using your Discover Card and get an additional 5% off your admission to Six Flags America.
- If you are a AAA member, show your AAA membership card and receive an additional $5 off your ticket purchase. In addition to that you also get 10% off all merchandise in the park when you spend $15 or more.
- If you are in the military, check with your military base for discounted tickets to Six Flags America. There are no discounts given at the gate for military service men and women but if you purchase through your base you can save as much as 65% on your tickets.
- Check with the corporate partners of Six Flags. Many of them give out special promo codes or include these promo codes in product packaging which you can enter online for additional discounts on your admission to the Six Flags America theme park.
- If you live in the state of Maryland, check with your local Parks & Recreation Department. Many of them throughout the state offer discounted tickets to Six Flags America if you purchase your tickets through the Parks & Recreation Department. You can save as much as $25 per ticket.
- If you are a member of a credit union in Maryland or Washington, D.C. check to see if they offer any discounted tickets to Six Flags America. Some like the Freedom Credit Union and Destinations Credit Union offer discounts of $20 or more if you purchase your tickets through the credit union.
Annapolis & Washington, D.C. Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels near Washington, D.C. and Annapolis, Maryland. Several of them offer discounted tickets to Six Flags America with your stay. The Quality Inn, Clarion Inn, and Sleep Inn are just some of the hotels that are known to offer Six Flags American vacation packages. The Six Flags website also lists options for lodging, though not all of these offer discounted tickets as part of a vacation package or anything.
The Six Flags theme park operates from late March through late October. Hours of operation are usually 10:30 am to 6 pm during off peak times and from 10: 30 am to 9 pm during the peak summer months. There are extended hours during special events such as the Halloween Fright Fest. Kids 2 years old and under get into the park for free. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. Advanced reservation is required. You can save as much as $33 per person with the group discount rate. Finally, parking is an additional $15 per vehicle.