SeaWorld San Diego was the first of the SeaWorld parks when it opened in 1964. Since then, three other SeaWorlds have opened. Top attractions include Journey to Atlantis, Wild Arctic Ride, Skytower, Shamu Rocks, Blue Horizons Dolphin Show, Sea Lions Live, and more. Plus, there’s lots of interaction with the animals of SeaWorld. There’s a lot to do so it’s best to plan ahead. Pick the shows that you want to see and plan your visit around those shows. Before you get your tickets though, here are some tips for finding SeaWorld coupons and additional discounts on tickets.
Money Saving Tips
- Get the Southern California City Pass. You end up saving 25% on admission to SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and San Diego Safari Park, Universal Studios, Disneyland, and Disney California Adventure Park. Good for 14 days.
- Get the Go San Diego Card. Here you choose a 3,5, or 7 day pass. You end up saving 55% on over 51 attractions in and around San Diego.
- If you are planning on visiting both SeaWorld and Universal Studios, get the Flex Ticket. You’ll save $24 on admission versus purchasing the tickets separately.
- If you want to visit the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios, then check out the San Diego 3-for-1 Pass. This comes out to a 10% off discount on your tickets versus purchasing the tickets separately.
- Check the local fast food places near SeaWorld San Diego. McDonalds usually has coupons for SeaWorld. At last check they had ones for adult tickets at kids prices.
- Check the Costco in San Diego. They usually sell discounted tickets to San Diego attractions including SeaWorld. Of course you will have to buy multiple tickets to get the discounted price. This is great for families.
- If you are a AAA member, show your AAA membership ID and get $3 off single day admission, 10% off tickets purchased online, 10% off inside the park, and 8% – 10% off online multi-day/park admission purchase.
- If you have a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards card, show it at the ticket booth and get 20% off a regular one-day admission.
- If you are in the military, register yourself and get admission for you and up to 3 guests.
- Stop by the San Diego visitors center. At last check they had SeaWorld coupons good for adult admission at kids price.
San Diego Vacation Packages
Check with the hotels in San Diego. Many of them offer free tickets or SeaWorld coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Comfort Inn, Doubletree, The Surfer Beach Hotel, Best Western, The Dana, Courtyard by Marriott, and Holiday Inn are just some of the hotels that offer SeaWorld vacation packages in San Diego. Besides the before mentioned hotels, you should also check with the California Travel & Tourism Commission and the San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau. Both offer some nice deals on packages that include hotel stay plus discounted tickets to SeaWorld. You can book your San Diego vacation directly through them. Another great resource is Southwest Vacations, which is operated by Southwest Air. They regularly offer great deals that include air + hotel + discounted tickets to SeaWorld and other Southern California attractions.
Park hours at SeaWorld are 10 am – 7:30 pm during the summer and 10 am – 6 pm during the rest of the year. Group admission rates are available.