The Schlitterbahn water park at South Padre Island was opened in 2001 and is the second of the Schlitterbahn water parks to open. Some of the highlight attractions at this water part include the Boogie Bahn, Bob’s Float Up Bar, the Gale Force uphill water coaster, the Rio Aventura tube ride, beaches, and plenty of children’s water play areas. There’s also the Shrimp Haus restaurant on the property, which is open daily from 4 pm to 9 pm. Picnics are also welcomed at the Schlitterbahn waterpark. Families can pack their lunch and spend the entire day at the waterpark. Before you visit the Schlitterbahn water park though, be sure to check out the money saving tips below. They should help you save a little extra money on your admission to the water park. In addition to these money saving tips you will also find the latest known coupons for Schlitterbahn water park at South Padre Island.
Discounts & Schlitterbahn Coupons
- Get a 2 day general admission ticket to Schlitterbahn South Padre Island and your second day comes out to just $17 per person.
- You can also visit Schlitterbahn after 3 pm and receive a discounted afternoon rate.
- Look for deals on season passes early on on the season. (usually before the end of May) You can usually save at least $6 per season ticket if you purchase them before the start of summer.
- If you are in the military, check with your local military base. Schlitterbahn does offer discounted tickets to each of their water parks but you must purchase the tickets through your military base.
- Stop by the South Padre Island Visitor’s Center. They often have coupons for Schlitterbahn that you can pick up for free and present at the gate for discounted admission to the water park.
- Check with the local South Padre businesses. Some of them offer packages which include discounted tickets for their activity as well as discounted admission to Schlitterbahn. i.e. combo tickets for parasailing and admission to Schlitterbahn
- Stop by a HEB store and you can purchase discounted tickets or even discounted season passes to Schlitterbahn.
- For discount packages you can check daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon Getaways. In the past they have offered savings of 50% or more on hotel and waterpark packages.
Credit Union Discounts
If you are a member of a credit union in the state of Texas, check to see if they offer discounts on tickets to Schlitterbahn at South Padre Island. The Corpus Christi City Employees Credit Union, Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union, Temple Inland Credit Union, Texas Bay Area Credit Union, and Corpus Christi Southern Pacific Credit Union are just some of the credit unions known to offer discounts to Schlitterbahn if you purchase your tickets through the credit union.
The Schlitterbahn water park is typically open from late April through mid September. Typical hours of operation are from 10 am to 8 pm. Just check the calendar ahead of time to be sure. General admission to Schlitterbahn at South Padre Island includes tube and life jacket rentals. Picnics are also welcomed at the waterpark. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. At last check the current group discount was $12.50 per person.