The San Francisco Zoo is located along the Great Highway in San Francisco, California. The zoo was founded by Herbert Fleishhacker in 1929, with the first exhibits opening in the 1930s. What the San Francisco Zoo is most known for is that it is the birthplace of Koko the gorilla. Today the San Francisco Zoo is home to more than 250 animal species and nearly 1,000 animals. Feedings and programs happen daily so be sure to check the calendar for up coming events. Before you plan your visit though, here are some tips for finding San Francisco Zoo coupons as well as a few other tips that may help you save even more money on your admission to the zoo.
Discounts & San Francisco Zoo Coupons
- If you are a resident of San Francisco, show your ID and save $3 per adult and $3.50 per child’s admission to the San Francisco Zoo.
- Also if you are a resident of San Francisco, visit the San Francisco Zoo on the first Wednesday of each month and receive free admission.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and get San Francisco resident rates every day. Be sure to check the calendar as well for free admission days for the military.
- Check with the California Travel & Tourism Commission. They usually offer coupons for the San Francisco Zoo. At last check you could get a coupon good for a free child’s admission with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- If you are a member of AAA, show your AAA membership ID and receive 1 free child’s admission with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- If you are a member of another AZA zoo or aquarium, show your membership ID and receive 50% off your admission to the San Francisco Zoo.
- If you are an employee of UCSF check with the HR office for a coupon good for $2 off adult and $1 off child at the San Francisco Zoo.
San Francisco Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in the San Francisco area. Many of the offer coupons or San Francisco Zoo coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Marriott, Radisson, Holiday Inn, Hotel Nikko, and Bridgeport Inn all offer San Francisco Zoo vacation packages.
The zoo is open 365 days a year. Hours of operation are typically 10 am to 5 pm. Admission to the San Francisco Zoo is $15 for adults, $9 for children ages 4-14, and $12 for seniors. Kids 3 years and under get into the zoo for free. Parking is an additional $8 per vehicle during the week and $10 per vehicle during the weekend. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. Currently you can save $1 per person on admission with the group discount rate.
Sloat Blvd. & the Great Highway
San Francisco, CA. 94132