The Riverbanks Zoo is a 170 acre zoo, aquarium, and botanical garden. The main attraction though are the zoo animals. The zoo is home to over 3,000 animals including mammals, birds, reptiles and fish. Exhibits include African elephants, gorillas, koalas, penguins, and more! It’s great for kids. Lots of shade to get relief from the heat. And don’t forget to visit the botanical garden too! If you are planning a trip to South Carolina then Riverbanks Zoo is a must stop to plan. Before you purchase your tickets though, here are some tips that can save you a little extra money on your admission costs. In addition to these tips you will also find all the known coupons for Riverbanks Zoo discounts.
Discounts & Riverbanks Zoo Coupons
- Check the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. In the past they have had savings of 50% or more on admission to the zoo.
- Get the Entertainment Book which has over $13,000 worth of coupons and discounts including Riverbanks Zoo coupons good for a free child’s admission with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- If you are an employee in the state of South Carolina, purchase your tickets online and enter SCSEA into the code box during checkout for special discount pricing. At last check you save $1.75 per ticket.
- If you are a AAA member, purchase your Riverbanks Zoo tickets through AAA and you can save $2.75 per ticket.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID for $1 general admission to the Riverbanks Zoo.
- Purchase your Riverbanks Zoo tickets through the Babcock Foundation and save $1.75 per adult ticket and $0.75 per child’s ticket.
- Check the calendar for free admission days throughout the year. The typical promotion is their Free Fridays promotion.
- If you are a member of another AZA zoo or aquarium, show your membership ID and get 50% off your admission to the Riverbanks Zoo.
Credit Union Discounts
If you are a member of a credit union in the state of South Carolina, check to see if they offer any discounts on tickets to the Riverbanks Zoo. The St. Francis Federal Credit Union, Spartan Federal Credit Union, and the Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union are just some of the credit unions that offer discounted tickets to the Riverbanks Zoo.
Columbia Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in Columbia. Many of them offer free admission or Riverbanks Zoo for discounted admission with your stay. The Inn at USC, Wingate, Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place, and Staybridge Suites are just some of the hotels that offer Riverbanks Zoo vacation packages. You can also check the The Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism office, which has some nice offers for discounted hotel rooms and tickets to the Riverbanks Zoo.
Additional Riverbanks Zoo Information
There are discounted rates for groups of 15 or more. $1.75 off for adults and $1.25 off for children. Kids under 3 get free admission to the zoo. There’s also annual memberships available, which includes free admission for the year as well as other benefits like 10% off at the gift shop. Daily zoo hours are from 9am – 5pm with extended summertime hours til 6pm.
Anaheim Atlanta Baltimore Boston Branson Buena Park Carlsbad Charlotte Chicago Cincinnati Columbus Corpus Christi Dallas Denver Galveston Hershey Hollywood Houston Indiana Indianapolis Jackson Kansas City Las Vegas Long Beach Los Angeles Miami Minneapolis Myrtle Beach Nashville New York City Orlando Philadelphia Phoenix Pigeon Forge Pittsburgh San Antonio San Diego Sandusky San Francisco San Jose Seattle St Louis Tampa Washington D.C. Wisconsin Dells