Point Defiance Zoo
The Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is located in Tacoma, Washington and features animals and marine life that live along the Pacific Rim. Exhibits include the Asian Forest Sanctuary with Sumatran tigers and Clouded leopards, the Rocky Shores with Pacific walrus, sea otters and tufted puffins, the Arctic Tundra with polar bears, and two aquariums featuring marine life from the North Pacific and South Pacific. You’ll also want to Wild Wonders Outdoor Theater for some entertaining educational shows. For families with kids there is the Kids’ zone which features lots of activities as well as a petting zoo. Before you purchase your tickets though, here are some tips that might save you a little extra money on your admission costs. Also below are the latest known coupons for the Point Defiance Zoo.
Discounts & Point Defiance Zoo Coupons
- Get the Entertainment Book which offers $1000s worth of coupons and discounts to area attractions, dining, shopping, and travel including coupons for the Point Defiance Zoo.
- If you are a resident of Pierce County, show your ID and get $2 off admission per person. This includes seniors, youths, and tots.
- If you are a AAA member, show your membership ID and get $2 off your zoo ticket.
- Point Defiance is a reciprocating zoo so if you are a member of the Zoological Society, mention it at the gate for free admission.
- If you are in the military, show your ID for free admission to the zoo.
- If you want to get a zoo membership. Try and wait until the summer. Point Defiance usually puts out a $10 off zoo membership coupon at this time.
- If you are a member of another AZA zoo or aquarium, show your membership ID and get 50% off or free admission, depending on the reciprocal policy of your member zoo or aquarium.
Tacoma Vacation Packages
For a lot of great information on vacation packages, check out both the Seattle Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Tacoma Regional Convention & Visitor Bureau. It’s a great starting point for finding deals on vacation packages as well as discounts for other attractions in the Seattle and Tacoma area. The best deals are when you stay 3 or more nights. Many of the hotels will offer free nights after 3 or more nights stay when you book through the convention & visitors bureau.
The zoo opens daily from 9:30 am to 6 pm except for a few days throughout the year. Hours change in the off season. Kids 2 and under get in free. There is a $2 discount per person for groups of 20 or more. You have to register at least 15 days in advance and pay for it all together.