Mystic Seaport is a maritime museum located in Mystic, Connecticut. It was first established in 1929 as the “Marine Historical Association”. It’s first claim to fame was when the museum brought in the Charles W Morgan whaling vessel in 1941. This is the only surviving wooden sailing whaler known. Mystic Seaport was one of the first living history museums established in the United States. You’ll find a collection of buildings, vessels, and craftsmen. It’s a popular destination for boaters, who can come by water and dock their boat overnight to take in the sights and sounds. Before you visit the Mystic Seaport though, here are a few tips to help you save a little money on admissions. Also below are the latest known coupons for Mystic Seaport.
Discounts & Mystic Seaport Coupons
- Follow Mystic Seaport on Facebook. There is a coupons tab on their Facebook page which sometimes offers coupons for discounted admission.
- If you are visiting for more than one day, get the 3 day Wooden Boat pass. You pay just $6 more than the single day admission but get access for 3 consecutive days.
- If you are a college student, show your student ID and receive an additional $2 off your admission to Mystic Seaport.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and receive $2 off your admission to Mystic Seaport. Also check the calendar for military appreciation days for bigger discounts on admission.
- If you are a member of AAA, show your AAA membership ID and save $3 off your Mystic Seaport tickets. Good for up to 6 people.
- If you are assisting a person with special needs, mention this and receive 50% off your admission to the Mystic Seaport for you and your special needs person.
- Check with the corporate partners of Mystic Seaport. Several of them offer a promo code that you can enter for online to get discounted tickets.
- Check with your local public library in Connecticut. Many of them offer discounted or free tickets to Mystic Seaport if you purchase your tickets through them. The Henry Carter Hull Library, Ridgefield Library, Clark Memorial Library, and Killingly Public Library are just some of the libraries that offer discounted or free passes to Mystic Seaport.
- Check with the Electric Boat Athletic Club (EABC). They usually offer coupons for discounted admission. At last check you could save $5 per person through them.
Mystic Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in the Stonington area. Many of them offer free or discounted tickets to Mystic Seaport with your stay. The Comfort Inn is one example that offers a Mystic Seaport vacation package. One good resource is the Mystic visitors center or online at Mystic Country. They offer a lot of great vacation package deals for the New England area.
The museum is open most days of the year except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. During the winter months the museum is just open Thursday through Sunday. Other times of the year the Mystic Seaport is open every day of the week. Admission is currently $24 for adults, $15 for kids ages 6-17, and $22 for seniors. Children 5 years old and younger get free admission to the Mystic Seaport. There is no additional charge for parking. Group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more people. Currently you can save $5 per person with the group discount rate.
75 Greenmanville Avenue
Stonington, CT 06355