The Mote Marine Laboratory is located in Sarasota, Florida and first opened in 1955. The Mote Aquarium works as the outreach program of the Mote Marine Laboratory, which aims to advance the science of the sea through its marine and estuarine research labs. It was founded by Dr. Eugenie Clark and currently houses more that 100 marine species including sharks, manatees, dolphins, sea turtles, seahorses, rays, skates and invertebrates. You can see all of this and more at the Mote Aquarium. If you are planning a visit to the Mote Aquarium or Marine Laboratory, first take a moment to read over the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost ofadmission. And in addition to that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Mote Marine Aquarium listed below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Mote Aquarium Coupons
- Purchase a copy of the Entertainment Book. You will save thousands of dollars to area attractions, dining, shopping, and entertainment including coupons for Mote Aquarium.
- Stop by any local gas station, grocery store, or hotel lobby in Sarasota. Look for the coupons books like the Sunny Day Guide. You can typically find coupons for discounted admission to the Mote Aquarium and Marine Laboratory. At last check there were Mote Aquarium coupons inside good for $2 off admission.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and get free admission to the Mote Aquarium.
- Check with the Sarasota Convention & Visitors Bureau. Throughout the year the Mote Aquarium will run special discount promotions through the Sarasota Convention & Visitors Bureau like 2 for 1 admission.
- If you are a teacher in the state of Florida, show proof of employment and receive free admission to the Mote Aquarium and Marine Laboratory.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. In the past they have had savings of up to 50% off admission to the Mote Marine Aquarium.
- Check with the local hotels in the Sarasota area. Several of them offer vacation packages that include free tickets or Mote Aquarium coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Hotel Indigo is one hotel that offers such a vacation package.
- If you are a member of another AZA zoo or aquarium just show your membership card and you will receive 50% off your admission to the Mote Aquarium.
- Become a member of the Mote Aquarium. A family membership pays for itself in just two visits. Upgrade to a two year membership and save even more money.
- Be sure to follow the Mote Aquarium on Facebook. They will keep you informed of the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons.
The Mote Aquarium and Marine Laboratory is open from 10 am to 5 pm, 365 days a year. Kids under 4 years old get into the aquarium for free. Group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more people. There is no additional charge for parking at the Mote Aquarium.