Moody Gardens features 3 main attractions and a hotel resort. The attractions are housed in 3 separate pyramids. There is the Aquarium Pyramid (a 12 story high building with over 8,000 species of fish, invertebrates, mammals, reptiles, and plants), the Rainforest Pyramid (a 10 story high rain forest with tropical plants and animals), and the Discovery Pyramid (with science-oriented exhibits and activities). Plus there’s also a RideFilm Motion Theater, a 3-D IMAX theater, a paddlewheel cruise boat, and more. You really need at least 2 days to do everything and you really need to visit more than once. Before you get your tickets though, take a moment to go over some of the tips listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off your total admission costs. And in addition to that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for Moody Gardens listed below as well for even more savings.
Money Saving Tips for Moody Gardens
- Purchase a Value or 2 Day Pass to Moody Gardens online and save $3 per ticket.
- Check with the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. They regularly offer savings of 50% or more on select ticket packages to Moody Gardens.
- If you are in the military and are staying at the Moody Gardens Hotel, show your military ID for discounted rates. There are currently no discounts on tickets to Moody Gardens, however.
- If you are a student and make the honor roll, bring your report card in and get free admission to Moody Gardens.
- Book a vacation package at Moody Gardens Hotel and everyone in your group will get a 2 day pass to all attractions in Moody Gardens.
- Make your hotel reservation through the Galveston website and get an additional $500 worth of coupons to Galveston attractions including up to $12 in savings for Moody Gardens.
- Check with the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau or stop by the visitors center. They often have coupons for Moody Gardens. At last check they had some good for $2 off general admission tickets.
- If you are a senior, visit Moody Gardens on Tuesdays for only $5 plus get and additional 15% off any purchase inside Moody Gardens. This is valid for seniors 65 years and older.
- If you are an educator in the Galveston and Houston area, check the calendar for Open House days. You get free admission to all areas of Moody Gardens on these days as well as lots of freebies and educational tools.
Galveston and Houston Vacation Packages
The only hotel vacation package available is through the Moody Gardens Hotel. There are some other ways to save on your vacation though. Check with both the Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau. Both offer additional value added benefits when you book your Moody Gardens vacation package through them.
Additional Moody Gardens Information
Admission to the attractions in Moody Gardens is a-la-carte. You can pick an choose the things you want to see or do. Or, you can get the 2 day value pass, which gets you into all the main attractions. This one is definitely worth it unless you are just coming for a couple of attractions. All attractions are open daily from 10 am to 8 pm with the last ticket sold an hour before closing.