The Monterey Bay Aquarium first opened in 1984 and is located in Monterey, California. The centerpiece of the aquarium is a 33 foot high tank to display with Giant Kelp growing up from the floor. (the first aquarium to ever accomplish this). Other exhibits at the Monterey Bay Aquarium include stingrays, jellyfish, sea otters, penguins, and numerous other native marine species. There’s even Great White Sharks that come for short periods of time! Before you visit though, here are some tips that could save you a little extra money on your admission. Additionally you will also find the latest known coupons for Monterey Bay Aquarium below.
Money Savings Tips & Monterey Bay Aquarium Coupons
- If you are a AAA member, purchase your tickets through the Northern California AAA center. At last check you can save $3 per ticket to Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- If you are in the military, purchase your Monterey Bay Aquarium tickets through your local military base in California or Nevada. Discounts vary but usually range between $2-$4 for general admission tickets.
- If you are a student, show your student ID and receive $3 off your ticket to Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Stop by the California Welcome Center in Salinas. This is about 17 miles east of Monterey. They have a lot of great information on the area as well as brochures with coupons in them. There should be a $2 off coupon for Monterey Bay Aquarium available at this welcome center. You can also check directly with the California Travel & Tourism Commission.
- If you are a local, ask about any current local discount rates. There are also certain days where locals get in free!
Monterey Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in Monterey Bay. Many of them offer Monterey Bay Aquarium coupons or discount tickets with your stay. The Monterey Hotel, Monterey Bay Inn, Best Western, Comfort Inn, Hotel Abrego, Spindrift Inn, Mariposa Inn, Normandy Inn, Deer Haven Inn, Lone Oak Lodge, Sunset Inn, Monterey Peninsula Inn, Monterey Plaza Hotel, and Rosedale Inn are just some of the hotels offering aquarium packages. The Monterey County Convention & Visitors Bureau also offers a lot of great deals on vacation packages. In fact, there’s over 30 different vacation packages available. Many of them include Monterey Bay Aquarium tickets while others even offer two days for the price of one tickets to Monterey Bay Aquarium with your stay. Here’s another tip. Look for the extras with each package. Some include hotel credits, spa vouchers, complimentary dining, wi-fi, and more.
Monterey Bay Aquarium Credit Union Discounts
If you are a member of a California credit union, check to see if your credit union offers any discounted tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The Bay Federal Credit Union, Monterey County Employees Credit Union, 1st United Services Credit Union, MOCSE Credit Union, Monterey Credit Union, SMW 104 Federal Credit Union, Technology Credit Union, SF Police Credit Union, and Alliance Credit Union are just some of the credit unions known to offer discounts to Monterey Bay Aquarium. You have to purchase your tickets through the credit union. Discounts range from $2-$4 for each ticket.
If you are planning a trip near the central California coast then The Monterey Bay Aquarium is a must stop. The aquarium is open every day except for December 25th. Regular hours are from 10am-6pm. Summertime hours are from 9:30am-6pm and weekend hours are from 9:30am-8pm. Group discounts are available for groups of 12 or more people. Currently you can save $2 per person with the group discount rate.