Maryland Science Center
The Maryland Science Center is located in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. It first opened in 1976 and has since become one of the top attractions for the city of Baltimore. Inside the science center are three levels of exhibits, a planetarium, an observatory, and an IMAX theater. You’ll also find lots of special programs and events that are specially designed for kids of all ages. Everything is designed to make learning fun. It’s been nationally recognized as one of the 10 best science centers for families by several national publications including Parents Magazine. Before you make your visit though, take just a moment to read the tips which are outlined below. They should help you to save a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Maryland Science Center listed below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Maryland Science Center Coupons
- If you are an ASTC Passport member, show your membership card and receive free admission to the Maryland Science Center.
- Visit the Maryland Science Center after 5 pm on Fridays and save $7 per general admission ticket.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon or Livingsocial where you can save as much as 50% off select tickets packages or admission to special exhibits at the Maryland Science Center.
- If you are a student, show your student ID and receive free admission to the Maryland Science Center.
- Get the Baltimore Harbor Pass and receive discounted admission to the top six attractions in the Baltimore area including the Maryland Science Center. You end up savings 20% on individual ticket prices to each attraction.
- Check out the Baltimore Convention & Tourism center. They typically offer coupons for the Maryland Science Center. At last check they had coupons good for $2 off general admission.
- If you are in the military, show your military and get $1 off IMAX theater films at the Maryland Science Center.
- Check the calendar for free admission days at the Maryland Science Center. One these days the science center will offer free admission during certain hours of the day.
Baltimore Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in the Baltimore area. Many of them offer free tickets or Maryland Science Center coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Staybridge Suites is one that offers Maryland Science Center vacation packages. You can also book through the Baltimore Convention & Tourism site and bundle the Baltimore Harbor Pass for a discounted rate. This is one of the best values to stay and play in the city of Baltimore.
The science center is open most days from 10 am to 5 pm, staying open later on Fridays and Saturdays. The only days the Maryland Science Center is closed is on Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. Tickets to the IMAX theater are additional. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. Parking is an additional $15 per vehicle. If you park at the Intercontinetal Harbor Court Garage, the Maryland Science Center will validate your parking for 25% off fees.