The Maritime Aquarium is located in Norwalk, Connecticut. Inside this 20,000 square foot building you’ll find seals, river otters, steely sharks, jellyfish, loggerhead turtles, and hundreds of other animals. The concept of the aquarium is to re-create the natural habitat of the Long Island Sound. There are also two touch tanks where visitors can interact with stingrays, crabs, sea stars and other coastal creatures. Finally, there’s also an IMAX theater with a 6 story high screen. Be sure to check out the calendar for educational programs, year-round study cruises, special exhibits and events, and more. Here are some tips for finding Maritime Aquarium coupons and discount tickets.
Discounts & Maritime Aquarium Coupons
- Get the Entertainment Coupon Book which gets you over $13,000 worth of coupons and discounts for area attractions, dining, shopping, and accommodations. You can sometimes find a coupon for the Maritime Aquarium inside.
- If you are a AAA member, purchase your tickets through your local AAA office for a special discounted rate. At last check this was about 10% off the regular admission rate at the Maritime Aquarium.
- If you are a member, not only do you get free admission but you also save up to $2 on the IMAX and ride films at the Maritime Aquarium.
- If you are taking the Metro, purchase a Metro Package that includes tickets to the Maritime Aquarium as well as IMAX tickets. You end up saving about $5 per person.
- Check with your local public library. As an example, the Waterford Public Library offers discounted tickets to the Maritime Aquarium if you purchase your tickets through the library.
Norwalk Hotel Packages
Check with the local hotels in Norwalk. Many of them offer free admission or Maritime Aquarium coupons for discount admission. The Delmar, Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Plaza Hotel, Holiday Inn, Hilton, Doubletree, Sheraton Four Points, and Norwalk Inn all offer packages
The aquarium is open from 10 am to 5 pm every day of the year except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. In July and August, the Maritime Aquarium is open an hour later. Kids under 2 years old get in free. Group discounts are also available for groups of 10 or more people. Other Maritime Aquarium attractions like the IMAX and ride films are additional.