The Louisville Zoo is located in the Poplas Level neighborhood in Lousiville, Kentucky. It was founded in 1969 and currently comprises 135 acres. There are over 1,300 animals that call the Louisville Zoo home. These include the western lowland gorillas, Sumatran tigers, Asian & African elephants, Cuban crocodiles, a white alligator, Sea Eagles, and more. Other attractions at the Louisville Zoo include a carousel, ZooTram, 4D ride, and daily activities such as feedings, programs, and interaction with the animals. Plus, in the summer time, starting in May, there is a splash park where kids can cool off and have fun. It includes a fishing boat to climb on, dumb buckets, jelly jet launchers, mini water slides and more. If you are planning a visit to the Louisville Zoo, check out the money saving tips below. You can also find the updated coupons for the zoo listed below as well.
Discounts & Louisville Zoo Coupons
- Look for deals early in the year for memberships to the Louisville Zoo. The zoo usually runs a promotion to jump start the year where you can get a discounted membership if you purchase the membership online.
- If you are in the scouts, mention this and get admission to the Louisville Zoo for just $7.
- If you are a member of another AZA zoo or aquarium, show your membership card and you can save at least 50% on your admission to the Louisville Zoo. For some AZA partners you can actually get free admission.
- Get the Louisville Entertainment Book. For a small price you get over $21,000 worth of coupons and discounts for area attractions, dining, shopping, accommodations and more. Plus, at last check there were Louisville Zoo coupons inside that gave you $2 off admission at the gate.
- Check with the local hotels in the Louisville area. Many of them offer free tickets or discounted tickets to the Louisville Zoo with your stay. The Best Western, Hilton Garden, Embassy Suites, Drury Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, and Hyatt Place are just some of the hotels that offer Louisville Zoo vacation packages.
The zoo is open all year except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years days. Regular hours of operation are from 10 am to 4 pm during the winter months and opens as late as 7 pm during the warmer months. Admission to the Louisville Zoo is $13.95 for adults, $10.50 for kids ages 3-11, and $10.50 for seniors. Children 2 years old and under get into the zoo for free. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. At last check the group discount was a savings of $3 per person. Advanced payment is required.
1100 Trevillian Way
Louisville, Kentucky 40213