The Knoxville Zoo is a smaller zoo that is located just east of Knoxville, Tennessee. It was originally founded in 1948 with the introduction of the American Alligator display. Since then the zoo has continued to grow and flourish to know accomodate more than 900 animals. One fact that you may not know about the Knoxville Zoo is that it is the Red Panda Capital of the Western Hemisphere. Since 1978 there have been 93 Red Panda cubs born. Other notables about the Knoxville Zoo are its over 400 reptiles, black bear exhibit, white rhinos, Chimp Ridge, and African Elephants. Before you visit the zoo though, be sure to check out the tips below that can save you a little extra money on your admission costs. In addition to that you should also find any current coupons for the Knoxville Zoo listed below as well.
Discounts & Knoxville Zoo Coupons
- Stop by any Kroger in the Knoxville area and purchase your tickets to the Knoxville Zoo at a discounted price. At last check you can save $2 per ticket with your Kroger Plus Card.
- Hold onto your Knoxville Zoo ticket stub and present it at any participating Subway in the Knoxville area for a discount. At last check you get a free regular 6 inch sub when you purchase a 6 inch sub and a medium drink.
- If you are an AZA member of another zoo or aquarium, show your membership card and receive 50% off your ticket to the Knoxville Zoo.
- Check the calendar for special events and occasions, such as Mother’s Day and Father’s Day where free or discounted admission is offered.
- If you are a member of Friends of the Smokies, present your membership card at the ticket window and receive 20% off your admission to the Knoxville Zoo.
- If you are a member of a credit union in the state of Tennessee, check to see if they offer any discounted tickets to the Knoxville Zoo. The Collegedale Credit Union, Covenant Health Federal Credit Union, Mountain States Credit Union, Knoxville News Sentinel Employees Credit Union, and Knoxville Law Enforcement Federal Credit Union are just some of the known credit unions to offer discounts if you purchase your tickets there.
The Knoxville Zoo is open every day of the year except for Christmas Day. Normal hours of operation are from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on the weekdays and stays open until 6 pm on the weekends. Admission to the zoo is $19.95 for adults, $15.95 for kids ages 2-12, and $15.95 for seniors. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. There is also an additional charge of $5 per vehicle for parking.
3500 Knoxville Zoo Drive
Knoxville, TN 37914