The Kansas City Zoo is located in Swope Park in Kansas City, Missouri. It was founded in 1909 and has often been voted as one of America’s best zoos. Today the Kansas City Zoo is home to over 1,300 animals. These include gorillas, polar bears, river otters, kangaroos, and more. Of course the most famous animal exhibit is the African exhibit, which has been ranked as the number one African exhibit in the nation by many publications. You will find one of the most extensive collections of African animals here. Also worth noting is the Australian exhibit, which ranks in the top ten in the nation. Before you plan your visit though, take just a moment to read the tips listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money on your total admission costs. And in addition to these money saving tips you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Kansas City Zoo listed below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Kansas City Zoo Coupons
- If you are a member of Friends of the Zoo (FOTZ), show your membership ID and get free admission to the Kansas City Zoo.
- Check with the Kansas City Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. They often offer coupons for the Kansas City Zoo. At last check they have coupons good for a free child’s admission with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- If you are a member of another AZA zoo or aquarium, show your membership ID and receive 50% off admission to the Kansas City Zoo.
- If you are a resident of Kansas City, visit the zoo in October and show your ID and get free admission to the Kansas City Zoo.
- Check with the local hotels in Kansas City. Many of them offer free tickets or Kansas City Zoo coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Drury Hotel and Holiday Inn Express both offer Kansas City Zoo vacation packages.
Additional Kansas City Zoo Information
The zoo is open year round, closing only on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. Hours of operation are 9:30 am to 4 pm during the weekdays and 9:30 am to 5 pm during the weekends. Children 2 years and under get free admission to the Kansas City Zoo. Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more people. Currently you can save $1 per ticket at the group discount rate.