The Houston Zoo is located within Hermann Park in Houston, Texas. Over 6,000 animals and 900 species call the Houston Zoo home and is currently the 7th most visited zoo in the United States. Inhabitants include Asian elephants, pygmy marmoset, African wild dogs, rainforest animals, meerkats, Komodo Dragons, and more. Inside the zoo is also the Kipp Aquarium which has 23 exhibits from the coral reefs of the Pacific to the Amazon Basin and the Rift Valley Lakes of Africa. Finally, there’s also the John P. McGovern Children’s Zoo inside with plenty of play areas and live interaction with animals. If you are planning a trip to the Houston Zoo, take a moment first to go over the tips shown below. They should help you to save a little extra money off your total admission costs. Additionally you will also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Houston Zoo shown below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Houston Zoo Coupons
- Get the Houston CityPass. You can save 45% on your admission to the top 5 attractions in the Houston area including the Houston Zoo with this city pass. The pass is good for 9 days from the date of activation.
- Ride the Metro and show your ticket stub at the gate and save $2 per adult and $1 per child at the Houston Zoo.
- Visit the Houston Zoo on the first Tuesday of every month and get free admission after 2 pm.
- Purchase your Houston Zoo tickets in advance at any Fiesta Mart and save $2 per adult and $1 per child.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and get free admission to the Houston Zoo for up to 5 people. (2 adults and 3 children)
- If you have a Lone Star Card, show your card and get free admission to the Houston Zoo.
- If you are a AAA member, show your AAA membership card to receive $2 off general admission to the Houston Zoo.
- If you are a Bank of America cardholder, visit the Houston Zoo on the first full weekend of each month and show your Bank of America card for free admission to the Houston Zoo.
- Pick up the Zoo “Rack Card”. This is available in most hotels and many restaurants in Houston as well as the guest relations office at the Houston Zoo. There’s a coupon with it that saves you $1 on your admission to the zoo.
- If you are a student of Rice University, present your student ID and receive free admission to the Houston Zoo.
- If you are a student of the Houston Community College, show your student ID and get $2 off your admission to the Houston Zoo.
- if you are an employee of the Johnson Space Center, Texas Medical Center institutions, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children’s Hospital or The M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, mention this and receive $2 off per adult and $1 off per child.
Houston Vacation Packages
A lot of the hotels in downtown Houston offer vacation packages that include the CityPass (which gets you into the Houston Zoo) at a discounted rate. If you plan on seeing Houston, check out these deals. The Crowne Plaza and Courtyard by Marriott are two that offer these packages. Also, you need to stay at least 2 nights in order to be eligible for most Houston vacation packages. Another place to find deals on Houston vacation packages is through both Southwest and Continental Airlines. They each offer vacation services through Southwest Vacations and Continental Airlines Vacations respectively. These deals are usually just for flight and hotel though.
Additional Houston Zoo Information
Hours of operation are 9 am to 7 pm during the summer and 9 am to 6 pm during the late fall through early spring. Children under 2 years old get in free. The 4D movie experience and carousel rides are additional. Combo packages will save you $1 per adult and $1.50 per child in total admission costs. Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more. You can save up to 20% off per ticket.