Six Flags Fright Fest
Fright Fest is a Halloween event that happens at all of the Six Flags theme parks. This event first happened in 1989 when it first appeared at Six Flags Over Texas. Soon afterwards the terror spread to all of the Six Flags parks. The events feature haunted houses, a trick or treat trail for kids, and more. There’s something for kids of all ages. For those 12 years old and under, come trick or treat during the day. Then once the sun goes down there are plenty of shows and entertainment that will thrill you and scare you. Be sure to check the calendar for the famous Thriller dance too. Join in the fun and dance to the music of Thriller. Before you purchase your tickets to Fright Fest, here are some tips that can save you a little money on your total admission costs to each Six Flags theme park. You can check the coupons and money saving tips for each theme park for more details on discounts specific to that theme park.
- Purchase your Six Flags Fright Fest tickets online. Adults pay kids ticket prices. This means you can save as much as $25 on tickets, depending on which Six Flags park you are attending.
- If you are a Discover Card holder, pay for your Fright Fest tickets with your Discover Card and get 5% cash back on your purchase.
- If you are a AAA member, show your AAA membership for $5 off general admission plus an additional 10% off any purchase inside the park.
- Check with the local Convention and Visitors Bureau in each Six Flags host city. A lot of them will offer additional coupons for your ticket purchase. Some saving you as much as $20 on your admission.
- If you are a member of a credit union in a Six Flags host city, check to see if the credit union offers any discounted tickets to Six Flags Fright Fest. Sometimes you can save as much as $26 per ticket if you purchase your tickets through the credit union.
- If you are in the military, purchase your tickets through your local military base. Six Flags does not offer any discounts at the gate, but you do get a nice discount if you purchase your tickets through your military base.
- Check eBay. A lot of sellers will sell their unused Six Flags tickets or coupons on eBay. Just make sure that you are purchasing from a reputable seller.
- Check with the local hotels in each Six Flags host city. If you are visiting a Six Flags theme park for Fright Fest while on vacation, this is a great way to save a little extra money. In particular check the Best Western, Marriott, Days Inn, and Ramada hotels. These hotels typically offer some sort of Six Flags vacation package.
The Six Flags Halloween Fright Fest usually starts on the first weekend in October though at some parks the event starts a week earlier than that. Just check the park’s calendar for specifics on the start date of Fright Fest. The Halloween events for Fright Fest typically begin around 6 pm. Shows and scary entertainment start after dark. Just check the calender for each Six Flags park for exact hours of Fright Fest events.