The Franklin Institute is named after Benjamin Franklin and is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was established in 1824 and is one of the oldest science and education centers in the United States. There are both permanent exhibits and traveling exhibits at the Franklin Institute. Popular exhibit areas include the Kid Science, Space Command, the Giant Heart, Electricity, the Sports Challenge, and Observatory. There’s also an IMAX Theater, Planetarium, and Franklin Theater with 3D films. You will find that there is enough to do for the entire day. Before you purchase your tickets though, be sure to take a moment to read the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money on your total admission costs. And in addition to these money saving tips you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the Franklin Institute listed below as well for even more savings.
Discounts & Franklin Institute Coupons
- If you are purchasing your tickets online through the Franklin Institute website be sure to check to see if there are any promotion codes available. You will see a promotion code box right above the ticket prices in the shopping cart. Enter the promotion code here and then click APPLY. You should then see the discount reflected below.
- Check with local ticket discounters like Goldstar. They offer savings of up to 50% for special events at the Franklin Institute.
- Get the Entertainment Book which offers thousands of dollars worth of coupons and discounts for entertainment in the Philadelphia area including a coupon good for a free general admission ticket with the purchase of a regular priced general admission ticket.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and get $1 off admission to the Franklin Institute.
- If you are a teacher in the states of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, or Maryland, show your ID and get free admission to the Franklin Institute.
- Get the Philadelphia Pass. It gets you free admission to over 40 top attractions in the Philadelphia area including the Franklin Institute. Total savings is over $400. Plus if you get the pas for 3 or more days you can get up to $15 off in additional savings.
- Get the Philadelphia CityPass. You will save 44% on your admission to each of the top 5 attractions in the Philadelphia area including admission to the Franklin Institute.
- If you are driving to the Franklin Institute, print out a parking coupon from Central Parking. You’ll get a discounted parking rate.
- If you are a AAA member, show your AAA membership ID and get $1.50 off per ticket. This is good for up to 4 people.
- If you are an Amtrak Rewards member, show your rewards card and receive $4 off admission.
Additional Franklin Institute Information
The museum is open daily from 9:30 am to 5 pm daily except for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and Franklin Awards Day. The IMAX, Franklin Theater, SkyBike, and Flight Simulator are additional.