The Exploration Place is the premier science center of Wichita, Kansas, which first opened in April, 2000. There is over 100,000 square feet to explore, plus additional areas to explore outside. Attractions include a medieval kids castle, AgMagination, the world of aviation, Exploration Park & MiniGolf, Tots’ Spot, the Boeing Dome Theater and Planetarium (the largest dome theater in the state), and much much more. There’s also traveling exhibits to explore as well as one day camps and workshops held throughout the year. Just check the calendar to see what new exhibits are coming. Planning a visit? Before you do please check out the following tips which can help you save a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to that you should also find the latest known coupons for the Exploration Place listed below the money saving tips.
Discounts & Exploration Place Coupons
- If you plan of seeing the Boeing Dome Theater and Planetarium or play MiniGolf, get the combo tickets. You can save as much as $7 per person this way.
- Get the Entertainment Book. This coupon book offers over $14,000 in discounts for area attractions, dining, shopping, and travel and includes coupons for the Exploration Place. At last check there was a coupon for get 2-for-1 admission in the book.
- Get an EP Membership. In addition to having your admission paid for you also get 25% off your tickets to the Boeing Dome Theater and Planetarium as well as 10% off in the gift shop.
- If you are a student, get the Student Plus Membership. It’s $30 less than the standard membership plus you get a free pass to bring another student with you. Valid student ID must be presented at the time of purchase.
- If you are a member of another science center that is part of the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC), show your membership card and you can save 50-100% on your admission to the Exploration Place.
- Get the Wichita Go Card. This is offered by the Wichita Convention & Visitors Bureau, but can also be purchased at the Exploration Place ticket window. With the purchase of one full priced ticket you then get a $2 discount to each of the other participating attractions in the Wichita area. If you are visiting Wichita, this is a great way to explore for less.
The Exploration Place is open from 10 am to 5 pm, Monday through Saturday and from Noon to 5 pm on Sunday. Kids 2 years old and younger get free admission. The Boeing Dome Theater and Planetatrium and MiniGolf tickets are additional. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people.