The Ecotarium is unique in that it is both and indoor and an outdoor museum. It’s located in Worcester, Massachusetts. The organization goes all the way back to 1825 but it was not until 1998 that the name was formally changed to the Ecotarium. So what is it? The museum features hands on science and nature exhibits, the Alden Digital Planetarium, a wide variety of animals at the EcoTarium, nature trails, a playground, the Explorer Express Train, a walk in the treetops, and more. There’s also plenty of planned events that happen all year long. Just check the calendar to see what is coming up. Before you purchase your tickets for your visit though, here are a few tips that can save you a little extra money on your admission costs. In addition to that you should find the latest known coupons for the Ecotarium listed below.
Discounts & Ecotarium Coupons
- Get a copy of the Entertainment Book which has over $13,000 in coupons for the Worcester area including a coupon for the Ecotarium. At last check it was good for buy 1 get 1 free tickets.
- Get the WOO Card. This offered by the Worcester Cultural Coalition and gives you discounts to more than 50 arts and cultural attractions in and around Worcester. This includes a $2 off discount to the Ecotarium plus $1 off at the planetarium.
- You can also check the Ecotarium website. They will sometimes post coupons here as well that you can print and bring in for discounted admission. Typically they offer a $2 off discount on general admission tickets.
- Check with the local public libraries in Massachusetts. Quite a few of them offer either discounted tickets or coupons that you can bring with you to the Ecotarium for an additional discount on your admission.
- Check with the Central Massachusetts Convention and Visitors Bureau. The most common coupon offered here is for a free child’s admission with the purchase of an adult ticket. Just check ahead of time to see what the latest coupon is.
- If you are a student, show your student ID and you can save $4 on your admission to the museum. Some colleges and universities in the area offer even more of a discount if you purchase your tickets through the student center.
- If you are in the military (or the spouse of a military member) show your military ID and get 2-for-1 admission to the Ecotarium.
- If you are a AAA member, show your AAA membership card and you can receive $1 off admission for each person for up to 4 people.
- Check with the local daily coupon sites like Groupon which can save you as much as 50% off tickets to the Ecotarium during select promotional dates.
The Ecotarium is open all year round except for Mondays, New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Normal hours of operation are from 10 am to 5 pm Tuesday through Saturday and from noon to 5 pm on Sunday. Group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more people. You can save as much as 50% with the group discount rate.
Anaheim Atlanta Baltimore Boston Branson Buena Park Carlsbad Charlotte Chicago Cincinnati Columbus Corpus Christi Dallas Denver Galveston Hershey Hollywood Houston Indiana Indianapolis Jackson Kansas City Las Vegas Long Beach Los Angeles Miami Minneapolis Myrtle Beach Nashville New York City Orlando Philadelphia Phoenix Pigeon Forge Pittsburgh San Antonio San Diego Sandusky San Francisco San Jose Seattle St Louis Tampa Washington D.C. Wisconsin Dells