Disney World is the most visited theme park in the world. It’s located in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, which is about 20 miles southwest of Orlando. Since it’s opening in 1971 the park has continued to grow and evolve. Today the whole resort consists of four major parks: Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. In addition to the theme parks there is also plenty of other attractions such as the Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, Disney’s Blizzard Beach, Downtown Disney, ESPN Wide World of Sports, Disney’s BoardWalk, and more. There’s a lot to see and if you are planning a vacation to Disney World, be sure to check out the money saving tips listed below. Disney does not offer coupons or even a lot of discounts on tickets but that does not mean you can’t still save money while on your vacation.
Discounts & Disney World Coupons
- Check with the local ticket discounters like Best of Orlando and Undercover Tourist who each offer savings of up to $40 on base passes, park hopper passes, and combo passes.
- If you are a AAA or CAA member, check with your local AAA or CAA office about purchasing discount Magic Your Way Tickets. Discounts vary depending on who is selling the tickets but some offer savings of over $20 for multi day passes. Another value option is the free dining plan available with multi day ticket purchases.
- If you are a Florida resident you will receive special discounts on both annual passes as well as multi day admission passes. You will need to show valid proof of residency at the gate in order to redeem the discounted passes.
- If you are in the military you can purchase discounted tickets to Disney World at the main ticketing gate, Downtown Disney’s Guest Relations, at the Shades of Green Resort, or through your military base. Of course the last two options are tax free so you’ll save even more money this way.
- If you are an employee of a company that’s a major sponsor of Disney World (ex. Chase, ADT, Kellogg’s, etc), check with your human resources department to see if you can purchase discounted tickets to Disney World through the company.
- If you collect airline miles or hotel points, check to see if you can redeem them for tickets to Disney World. Even better watch to see if they will run a promotion where they discount the number of points required to purchase these tickets.
- Support the Support Florida Hospital for Children in Orlando and receive complimentary tickets to Disney World. You get a small savings on your ticket plus you help support a worthy cause.
Disney World is open every day of the year. The hours of operation for each theme park are independent however and vary from day to day. It’s best to check the calendar ahead of time when planning your vacation to know when each park is open. Group discounts are available through corporate partners as well as for youth groups ages 3-22. Just bring a group of 10 or more people to qualify for the discounted rate.
1375 East Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830