Discovery Place is a non profit organization that was designed with kids in mind. Kids can discover, explore, and learn about the amazing world of science. It gives kids a hands on experience of how science works. There’s also an area called KidScience which is especially for kids 7 and younger. Also at Discovery Place is a 3D Domed IMAX Theater. You need to plan on spending the entire day to take everything in. Before you visit Discovery Place though, here are some tips that can help you save a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to that you should also find the latest known coupons for Discovery Place listed below as well.
Discounts & Discovery Place Coupons
- Get the Entertainment Book which has over $15,000 worth of coupons and discounts to area attractions, dining, shopping and accommodations. At last check there are Discovery Place coupons in there good for a free child’s ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- If you are a Bank of America cardholder, show your debit or credit card on the first Saturday of each month for free admission to Discovery Place.
- Get the Charlotte Attractions Book. Currently you can save $2 per ticket to Discovery Place.
- Get the Family Focus Fun Card from WSOC TV Channel 9 and save $2 per ticket to Discovery Place.
- Follow Discovery Place on Facebook and Twitter for pre announcements on coupons. Often there is a 10% off coupon.
- If you are a AAA member, show your AAA membership ID and receive $1 off admission to Discovery Place.
- If you are a member of another ASTC science museum or center, show your membership ID for free admission to Discovery Place.
- If you are a teacher or educator, check the calendar or events for free admission days to Discovery Place.
- If you are a senior, check the calendar for discount days for seniors. On these days you can save 25% on admission to Discovery Place.
The museum is open from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday, and 12 pm to 5 pm on Sunday. The only days Discovery Place is closed is on Easter, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. The IMAX is an additional charge per person. Group discounts are also available for groups of 15 or more. Parking is free for the first hour and then there is an additional charge for any time afterwards. If you come after 5 pm parking is at a discount rate.