Carowinds is known as the “Thrill Capital of the Southeast” and deservedly so. At Carowinds you will find rides, roller coasters, a water park, live shows, food, shopping, games, and more. The theme park first opened on March 31st, 1973 and has since attracted thrill seekers by the millions each year. There is so much to do at Carowinds that you can barely fit it into one day. Before you purchase your tickets though, take a moment to go over the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off your total cost of admission.
Discounts & Carowinds Coupons
- Purchase your tickets online and you can save as much as $18 per ticket to Carowinds.
- Visit the Carowinds theme park after 4 pm and save $25 on your admission. Purchase your twilight admission ticket online and save an additional $5 per ticket.
- Purchase a 2 day pass and your second day admission rate to Carowinds is just $5 per person.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and get $10 off admission to Carowinds at the gate. Also check the calendar for military appreciation days.
- If you are a AAA member, purchase your Carowinds tickets online through your local AAA office for special discounts on your admission.
- Check your local Bi-Lo or Harris Teeter grocery store for coupons for Carowinds tickets. They have a partnership with Carowinds to offer discounted tickets when purchased directly from Bi-Lo or Harris Teeter. At last check they were offering a $10 off discount.
- Check eBay. You can find sellers selling their unused Carowinds coupons and tickets. You can save $30 or more. Just be careful that you are purchasing from a reputable seller.
- Check to see if Carowinds is running their Coca Cola promotion. If so, you just bring in any Coca Cola product for discount admission. At last check this was a $15 off discount.
- Check inside the Bojangles and Burger King near the park. They often have coupons for Carowinds tickets. Typically good for $10 off general admission.
- If you are a member of a credit union in the Carolinas, check to see if they offer any discounted tickets to Carowinds. The Charlotte Metro Credit Union, RTP Federal Credit Union, Members Credit Union, Lion’s Share Federal Credit Union, Summit Credit Union, Premier Federal Credit Union, Greenville Federal Credit Union, State Employees’ Credit Union, Allvac Savings & Credit Union are just some of the ones known to offer discounts to Carowinds.
Charlotte Vacation Packages
Check with the hotels in Fort Mill and the greater Charlotte metropolitan area. Many of the offer free tickets or Carowinds coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Wingate, Marriott, and Sleep Inn are just some of the hotels offering Carowinds vacation packages. Also check with the Charlotte Convention and Visitors Bureau. They offer great deals on Charlotte and Carowinds vacation packages as well.
The Carowinds theme park is located along Interstate 77 on the border of North Carolina and South Carolina. If you are planning a trip along here it’s a great stop with easy access to and from Carowinds. Park hours vary with summer time hours as late as 10 pm. Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more people. You can save as much as 45% on general admission with the group discount rate. Advanced reservation is required.