The Boston Children’s Museum is a hands on museum for children that was founded in 1913. Today the museum focuses on visitor programs, teacher resources and early childhood education. It’s located on Children’s Warf on Congress Street. There’s tons of exhibits, both permanent and temporary. Some highlights include Arthur & Friends, Countdown to Kindergarten, The Global Gallery, Japanese House, a 3-story climbing sculpture, play & science labs, and much much more. You will also want to check out the calendar of coming attractions too. Before you visit though, take just a moment to read the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save just a little extra money on your total admission costs to the Boston Children’s Museum. In addition to these tips you will also find the latest known coupons for discounted admission to the museum.
Discounts & Boston Children’s Museum Coupons
- Visit the children’s museum on Fridays between 5 pm and 9 pm and save an extra $1 on each admission. This is presented by Target and is available to everyone as part of the Target Free Museum Days program.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID and receive free admission for you and all of your dependents.
- If you are an Early Childhood Educator (K-8) in the New England area, show your ID for free admission to the children’s museum. This includes Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Maine.
- Check with the local public libraries in the New England area. Many of them offer free coupons for discounted admission to the Boston Children’s Museum. The Mansfield Public Library, Malden Public Library, Boston Public Library, Robbins Library, Seekonk Public Library, and the West Newbury Library are just some that offer passes and coupons to the Boston Children’s Museum.
- Support WGBH with the WGBH MemberCard and benefits include $1 off admission to the Boston Children’s Museum. Good for up to 4 people.
- Get the Go Boston Card. This gives you admission to over 58 attractions in the Boston and surrounding areas including the Boston Children’s Museum. You end up saving over 55% on your total admissions with this card.
Boston Hotel Packages
Check with the hotels in the Boston area. Many of them offer discounted hotel rooms as well as passes to the Boston Children’s Museum with your stay. The Hilton, Hampton Inn, Boston Harbor Hotel, Boston Somerville, Hyatt, and Fairmont are just some of the hotels that offer Boston Children’s Museum vacation packages.
The children’s museum is open every day of the year except for Thanksgiving and Christmas days. Regular hours of operation are from 10 am to 5 pm. On Fridays the museum is open until 9 pm. Kids under 1 year old get free admission to the children’s museum. Group discounts are available, just call ahead of time for the current group discount rates. If you are driving there, parking is available in several area parking garages. Prices start at $9 per day. Just be sure to get your parking validated by the Boston Children’s Museum to receive an additional discount on your parking fees.