The Aquarium of the Bay (or San Francisco Aquarium) hosts nearly 600,000 visitors. It’s mission is to protect, restore and inspire conservation of San Francisco Bay. There are over 20,000 aquatic animals, including over 50 species of sharks, bat rays and skates that call the Aquarium of the Bay home. The largest exhibit is the Under the Bay exhibit which includes 300 feet of tunnels through a 700,000 gallon aquarium. There’s also a Touch the Bay exhibit which is great for kids. You will want to check the calendar before you go though so you can plan ahead to see the shows, feedings, and educational talks. Before you plan your visit though, here are some tips for finding Aquarium of the Bay coupons as well as some other tips to help you save more money on your admission.
Discounts & Aquarium of the Bay Coupons
- If you have a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids), get the Aquarium of the Bay family pass. You end up getting a free child’s ticket in doing so.
- Visit the aquarium by San Francisco public transportation and get $2 off admission to the Aquarium of the Bay with your ticket stub.
- Get the Go San Francisco Card. You will save 40% on admissions to over 46 attractions in the San Francisco area including the Aquarium of the Bay with this card. If you get the card for 3 days for more you can get up to an additional 15% off in savings.
- Get the San Francisco CityPass. This pass can save you 48% on your admissions the top 5 San Francisco bay area attractions including the Aquarium of the Bay. The city pass is good for 9 days after the date of activation.
- Get the San Francisco Warf Pass. It gets you free admission to the aquarium plus up to $39.99 in savings around the San Francisco bay area.
- Take a cruise with the Blue & Gold Fleet and get a Aquarium of the Bay coupon good for free admission.
- Take a Sky View tour and get a free ticket to the Aquarium of the Bay for each passenger.
- Get the Aquarium Fun Pack which gives you admission to Wax Museum, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, and the Aquarium of the Bay. You save $8.99.
- Book a Ride the Ducks tour and save $9 with admission to the Aquarium of the Bay.
- Get the San Francisco Entertainment Book. For one price you get over $16,000 worth of coupons and discounts to San Francisco bay area attractions, dining, accommodations, and entertainment. At last check there are Aquarium of the Bay coupons good for 20% off admission.
- If you are a AAA member, show your AAA membership ID and get $3 off admission to the Aquarium of the Bay.
- If you are in the military, show your military ID for an additional discount on your Aquarium of the Bay tickets. At last check you can save $3 per adult and $1 per child or senior.
San Francisco Vacation Packages
Check with the local hotels in the San Francisco bay area. Many of them offer free tickets or Aquarium of the Bay coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Hyatt, Orchard Hotel, Holiday Inn Express, Hilton, and The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf all offer Aquarium of the Bay vacation packages. You can also check with the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce as they also offer a lot of great deals and coupons for hotel rooms and tickets.
Credit Union Discounts
If you are a member of a credit union in California, check to see if they offer discounts for tickets to the Aquarium of the Bay. The Golden 1 Credit Union is one that offers a discount if you purchase your tickets through them.