The Adler Planetarium is located in Chicago, Illinois. It was the first planetarium in the Western Hemisphere and is currently the oldest operating planetarium in the world. The Adler Planetarium first opened in 1930, thanks to Max Adler. In 1987 the Adler was declared a National Historic Landmark. Today the Adler Planetarium continues to amaze visitors. There are 3 theaters inside as well as many exhibits on space, time, the universe and more. Be sure to check the calendar of events as well. There are shows, special events, and activities going on each day. Before you visit though, here are some tips for finding Adler Planetarium coupons and additional discounts.
Discounts & Adler Planetarium Coupons
- Get the Go Chicago Card. With this card you can save 55% on your admissions to over 26 attractions in the Chicago area including the Adler Planetarium. These are available as 1,2,3,5, or 7 day cards.
- Get the Chicago CityPass. This pass can save you 52% on your admissions the top 5 Chicago area attractions including the Adler Planetarium. The city pass is good for 9 days after the date of activation.
- If you are a resident of Chicago, show your ID and get $2 off adult and senior tickets to Adler Planetarium.
- For the best value, get the Deep Space Adventure Pass. This gives you admission to Deep Space Adventure, all exhibitions, a choice of a show, and the Atwood Experience. You end up saving $5 versus purchasing everything separately.
- Check the calendar for discount days at Adler Planetarium. You can save as much as $11 on the Deep Space Adventure Pass.
- Check with the local hotels in Chicago. Many of them offer free tickets or Adler Planetarium coupons for discount admission with your stay. The Swissotel Chicago, Silversmith Hotel, Best Western, and The Whitehall Hotel are just some of the hotels that offer Adler Planetarium vacation packages.
The planetarium is open from 9:30 am to 6 pm during the summer. Then on the regular schedule the Adler Planetarium is open from 10 am to 4 pm on the weekdays and 10 am to 4:30 pm on the weekends. Plus, on the third Thursday of each month, the Adler is open from 6 pm to 10 pm.This is called Adler After Dark, which offers cocktails and appetizers as well as open exhibits and views of the Chicago skyline at night. Admission to the Adler Planetarium is $12 for adults, $8 for children ages 3-11, and $10 for seniors. Kids under $3 years old get in free.
1300 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605-2403